Friday, February 25, 2011

(Not) Down With The Sickness

Well i've been dedicating a lot of time to losing weight and getting back into shape...like Tim from 8 years ago... I've tried to get healthier as i'm not getting any younger and the longer i wait to take care of myself the harder it will be to see satisfying results.  So i've been going to L.A Fitness on 7th every Monday, Wednesday & Friday's.  I do 20 mins of cardio to get my juices flowing.  I'm on the Eliptical now, and have shaved off my time for a mile by 4 mins. So i'm getting there.  Another (not so big) secret is i'm also doing Weight Watchers, which has helped me make better decisions when it comes to eating, i have better dicipline and portion control.  I'm also diligent at making sure i track what i eat all day long.  To ensure i don't go over my daily points (or that i don't dip into my weekly anytime points) i make sure i log all of my physical activity.  It's helps a lot.

Well i've been good at eating lunch i've brought from home, incorporated nothing but Water all day, eat fruits and veggies and i've been eating more chicken breast.  I've cut off eating after a certain time, i've quit smoking, i've cut back on drinking (for me, a significant amount) to others, not enough, and i've laid off all Fast Foods for the most part...that is until todays adventure.

I needed to get gas, and it's beautiful out so i went for a drive down 7th street, which is so stupid of me during lunch hour traffic, but i digress (thank you Sophia Petrillo) So i turned left onto University.  I was going to go to Panera, because my friend Richard texted me that he had it today for the first time, but nope, i just kept driving by.  Well now my gas light is on because i'm dilly dallying in the car driving around listening to ARCADE FIRE'S NEW ALBUM "THE SUBURBS" in complete anticipation for their May 3rd show in Austin.  Well finally i get up to W.Berry by TCU and see a gas station.. it was the cheapest.  $3.25- all others were $3.39. so i stopped, filled up and turned just in time to see the Golden Arch..like the king of Arches. Yep, Mcdonalds.  Well i was hungry and depriving myself of anything that could pose a threat and hurt my chances of staying healthy and consistent with my diet and gym time. but Fuck it...i want a cheeseburger...well a Number 2... so two cheeseburgers, but that wasn't enough so i got a McDouble, which btw way is different from a double cheeseburger because it only has one piece of cheese and two meat patties.  fyi.  So i get back to the office, can barely eat the burgers, but i do. i suck down my diet coke (gross) and sit there for a minute. My stomach is hurting...i'm getting a weird feeling at the midpoint of my throat.. yeah you know, like when you have to puke?

Well i go down to 14 to see my friends Nina and Kim and Kim is busy so i blow by her cubicle and go to Nina who saw me coming and decided to have a good laugh on me and jump me from behind her cubicle wall...it worked.  two days of embarrasing reactions.  Well i left her desk after planning our Arcade Fire trip to Austin in May and went up to stairs to my office, which then turned into "leave me alone, close my door all the way and pull out the trashcan cause daddy has to puke time" yep, i blew chunks, well i blew cheeseburgers if you want to be specific.  IS that punishment? do you think my body is finally capable of recognizing that i've not had this kind of food in a while and it's relatively toxic for me? have i finally gotten to that point? or was it mere coincidence that i threw up after eating a very unhealthy lunch?

Hmmmm, stay tuned....

No comments:

Post a Comment